cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get a lot of mxinventory.exe processes

Pagnotta
Frequent Advisor

I get a lot of mxinventory.exe processes

Dear All, I'm not sure the question has to be asked here... let me know....

Description:

On my Windows 2003 SE server I get a lot of mxinventory processes in task manager. These processes overload the server and consume to much memory which causes Insight Manager to stop responding.

I haven't find any useful information about this specific problem on the forum, except that some people with a similar issue had to pass this problem to HP support... which one ?

Can you help me ?

Regards

Angelo
6 REPLIES
Jason_362
Occasional Visitor

Re: I get a lot of mxinventory.exe processes

Hi Angelo

I think there is a bug in the HP SIM, I encountered this when I stopped the SQL Database, it will spawn many mxinventory with high memory utilization even when I start back SQL service.

Can someone kindly enlighten me?

Regards
Jason
Joel Rubenstein
Honored Contributor

If the main SIM process mxdomainamanager aborts for any reason the HP Systems Insight Manager service will detect this (checks every 120 seconds) and attempt a restart. Each time SIM is automatically restarted another mxinventory process is spawned. So if you see many of these processes on a system then there is a problem with SIM aborts.
jawad rafi
Occasional Visitor

I have the same problem. Its even worse, SIM wont start at all. The service is started, but when i click on the insight manager icon nothing happens.
The window "Checking HTTP server status. 0:55" pops up and the counter increases.
There are generating lots of files under the "logs" folder.

Could somebody help?

Regards
jawad
Joel Rubenstein
Honored Contributor

Jawad,

Please open a call with your local HP support center.
Pagnotta
Frequent Advisor

I got the thing... It was due to my SQL database... To be more precise, I created a script to stop and start my local database in order to be able backup it.... and due to this, Insight manager spwaned a lot of mxinventory processes, consuming to much memry that I wasn't able to work with my server anymore..

Angelo
Arch Stockton
Occasional Contributor

I actually ran into the same problem and this is what i did.

I ended up calling HP regarding the problem. Apparently when installing HP Systems Insight Manager, a user is not prompted to install the "Network Monitor Tools", "Simple Network Management Protocol", "WMI SNMP Provider", "WMI Windows Installer Provider" components within the "Management and Monitoring Tools" components in "Add/Remove Programs". After doing this, I configured the SNMP community strings for the "SNMP service" for our network. After doing this, I rebooted the server and HP Systems Insight Manager.