Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753990 Members
7809 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: I'm getting Disk: Rising Threshold passed after server reboot

Mark Jennings_3

I'm getting Disk: Rising Threshold passed after server reboot

This is the event: I recieve this alert after the Foundation Agents are started.
Event description: Rising Threshold passed. An alarm entry has crossed its rising threshold. The instances of those objects contained within the variable list are those of the alarm entry which generated this trap.

Description: C:BOOT [NTFS] disk space
Severity Level: warning
Current Value: 54
Threshold Top: 0
Threshold Owner: Insight Web Agent
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

What version of the agents?

Do you have thresholds set - if so to what value?
If they're set to 0, have you set them in the past and then brought them back to zero? if so I've seen some issues there and you can overcome it by going to Configure->Remove All Disk Thresholds and select the Server.

Note if the usage has crossed a threshold the alert is triggered at the time and whenever the agent is restarted.

Are you saying thay you have to set thresholds?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Yes.
Typically you don't get any alerts until you've moved the sliders on the threshold settings in the Agent.
I've seen issues where they've been set and then moved back to 0 and the agent reports any value as exceeding the threshold when it gets restarted. Removing the threshold setting using the config option seems to stop this.

Under normal operation, if the usage has exceeded the threshold set you'll get an alert when it happens and again whenever the agents are restarted. Once usage has dropped below the set threshold the alerts will stop.
Mark Jennings_3

Foundation Agent 7.3 I found my issue. My crititcal alert was set at 95% but my warning was set to 0%. When the server was rebooted, the compaq management service started I was getting in the event log:

hreshold Agent: Rising Threshold Passed.
SNMP MIB Variable .1.3.6.1.4.1.232.11.2.4.1.1.5.0 has value 73 >= 0.

I re-adjusted the warning threshold and the alerts have stopped on system reboots.