1753776 Members
7275 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

IBM HSeries/ Management Console MIBs

Sean Madden
Occasional Contributor

IBM HSeries/ Management Console MIBs

I am trying to load IBM HSeries Mibs into HP SIM 5.1 so that critical events will be accepted from the IBM Management Console. I have compiled and registered mmalert.mib/mmblade.mib and 5 of the import mibs associated with those. But when I go into SNMP Trap Settings, the mibs are there but there is no associated information (fields are all blank). I have unregistered and deleted all and did the process over again with no change on any of the 7 mibs. NOTE: the mibs were obtained from the firmware update file for this IBM management console. Any ideas on what I might be missing or failing to do.
2 REPLIES 2
Sean Madden
Occasional Contributor

Re: IBM HSeries/ Management Console MIBs

I actually found a way around this using OSEM. Apparently OSEM ver 1.43 has IBM blade support. I set up the management module in OSEM and pointed the management module traps to the OSEM server. The OSEM server was previously setup to forward traps to the SIM server. I sent a generic trap from the blade center and did receive it in SIM. I would still like to know why certain MIBs wont load into SIM but at least this piece working.
James Schroer
Occasional Contributor

Re: IBM HSeries/ Management Console MIBs

Have you ever figured out how to get the IBM MIBs to load? I'm running HP SIM 5.2 sp1 and tried to load the IBM BladeCenter MIBs from Oct 08 (their newest) and once I get them to load they are also blank.