Server Management - Systems Insight Manager

Re: ICE Purchase

Rancher
Honored Contributor

ICE Purchase

I apologize if this is the incorrect forum, but I didn't see one that would apply.  We have purchased advanced iLO and ICE licenses for all of our servers.  I am running SIM 6.3 at the current time on my CMS.  We would like to purchase ICE and any license necessary to install the software on my SIM server to monitor power and thermal items for the remaining servers.  However, I am having trouble figuring out just what we need to purchase as I am going through all of the documentation.  It is extremely confusing to me.  Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
pgarr
Frequent Advisor

I think you've got what you need-  power/thermal data is an advanced feature of ilo requiring an ilo adv license.  It shows, via graphs, break down and summary info, power consumption, temps, also power settings, caps, etc.

So activating il adv features, the install the power management piece to ICE and configure options>power management credentials in SIM and give time for data pull.

To add- not all firmwares and servers generations support this, for example 585's G6 or lower do not support this.

Rancher
Honored Contributor

I do not have the Power Management option in SIM.  We have another server running a trial version of ICE, which also installed SIM, and that option is available.  We need some kind of ICE software to add to SIM.

pgarr
Frequent Advisor

Yes-  ICE, as I understand it, is just extra software that enhances and plugs into SIM.  You can choose the pieces you want to install;

vm management

server/os deployment

power management

along with other addons/apps

https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=HPICE