New Discussion юеВ

ILO 2 Status degraded(minor) in SIM

SOLVED
Go to solution
vivpau
Occasional Advisor

ILO 2 Status degraded(minor) in SIM

Hello,
we have two servers where SIM shows a degraded (minor) helth status for the ILO 2 Management Processors. But even if I look at the ILO webmanagement Interface or the Management webinterface of the server, I can't see any error.
What is wrong?
9 REPLIES 9
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: ILO 2 Status degraded(minor) in SIM

Does your VCA show a newer update for management proc, maybe its comparing version installed and version available to update. Maybe thats why it could be showing you this health status.
vivpau
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your fast response.
I thought I'd checked the software status before. But now I see there is an update. I'll update the firmware and see if the SIM status will change.
Maybe it'll take a day.
vivpau
Occasional Advisor

:(
No, the softwareupdate did not solve the problem. All software/firmware on the server is current. But SIM say, the MP Status and Health Status of the server is degradet. The Management Homepage of the server and the ilo2 says everithing is OK.
It's a DL320G4 with BIOS Version D20 and ILO2 Firmware 1.11.
Can't find any error.
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

I would try to do a "software polling" , Identification and if still no difference try to delete and then rediscover the MP.
vivpau
Occasional Advisor

I've initiated a Software Status Polling on the ILO and the server. --> No change

Deleted the ILO-device from SIM and rediscoverd it. Status was green for about 30 seconds then changed again to degraded.
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

hi,

Which of the below shows this status
Embedded NECXXXXX
Integrated Lights-Out
And after clicking on the link what do message do you get on the page?

Maybe an img attach would help to understand more.
vivpau
Occasional Advisor

Well, I made some screenshots but can only append one.
This is from SIM. Here you see the degraded status.
In the systems management homepage of the server everything shows up green.
"no failed/degraded items"
Even Embedded NEC98431 and Integrated Lights-Out 2 shows a green state.
If I select one of them, I get the detailed status pages telling me there are no errors.

Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

HI,

Its quite strange that SMH displays no errors and SIm shows status as minor. Its probably database is not updated. Dont know if thats a bug. But my next step after what i suggested in my above post would be to restart SIM services. if no change then reboot SIM server, but thats me.

Rgds,

Albert
Ken Horn
Advisor

I had a similar issue. Two servers with ILO2 and minor status. PSP 7.60 - released Sept 25 - appears to fix the issue though.