1753384 Members
5873 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO Events

Jim_
Advisor

ILO Events

I am running SIM 5.1 sp1 and the latest hotfix. All my servers have the ILO card enabled but we are not using them so thet currently report no link. I want to either change the severity of the events to informational or diable them all togehter.
I also don't wnat to have to disable the card on every server.

I tried looking for the MIB to control this setting but I can't find it. Can anybody help?
Thanks - Jim
10 REPLIES 10
SCC-Colin
Advisor

Hi Jim,
Try going to Start / Settings / Control Panel / HP Management Agents and under the Services tab remove Remote Insight Information. This will restart the agents, and fix the problem.
Rgds,
Colin.
Jim_
Advisor

I was thinking about doing this on over 500 servers, any other ideas? I'm also thinking about using the hponcfg.exe but I'm not sure if I can push this out by setting up a custom tool in SIM, any suggestion on this approach?

Thanks much!!
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

You could do event task to delete all information that comes from Remote Management Event and Suspend monitoring on all MP that should do it alote more.

Dan

If you need information tell me.

PS don't ferget you're points.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Similar issues here.
I've not tried this yet, but you could look in the c:/hp/hpsmh directory. Maybe change the Remote Insight Agent in and out using the GUI and see if any file changes in this directory. You may be able to then just copy whatever the file is. It's a bit of a long shot...
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

The simplest method would be to de-install the driver for iLO. No driver = no knowledge of it in the agent.
Jim_
Advisor

Thanks for all the advice but I'm looking for a solution that can be deployed to all 500 servers without visiting/RDP into each server. Has anybody used the hponcfg.exe by setting up a custom tool in the SIM console?
Jim_
Advisor

I found the solution.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

So what the answer...?
Jim_
Advisor

Sorry don't know what happened to the rest of my reply.

Under copy files to the target systems it states "(must be a fully qualified path)

I tried to use the following but it did not work:\\servername.my.domain\share and c:\customfile

I then changed it to include the actual filename c:\customfile\myfile.xml
(Note: This file is on the SIM server)

Under command with parameters I was able to use the hponcfg.exe /f myfile.xml and it worked.