7403 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ILO MAC Addresses

Nick Morris
Advisor

ILO MAC Addresses

Hiya,

Could someone possibly help me with this. When i run a report against an ILO(s) in SIM it always reports back with the MAC address of the server and not of the ILO itself. Is this a "feature" or has this been noted and fixed? Or possibly a work around for this?

I could easily go to the Insight page for the server and collect it this way, but there is too many server ILOs to collect the information this way on unfortunately.

I am currently running HP SIM 5 SP 4 with most agents running PSP 7.40A.

Cheers,

Nick
4 REPLIES 4
M.S.Srivatsa
Valued Contributor

Re: ILO MAC Addresses

Please use the GET_NETWORK_SETTINGS XML command to retrieve the current iLO network settings including MAC address.

HP Lights Out configuration utility(CPQLOCFG.exe) can be used to retrieve this information remotely.

Usage
cpqlocfg -s 15.70.179.251 -f
Get_Network.xml

Sample output would look like

GATEWAY="0.0.0.0"/>
GATEWAY="0.0.0.0"/>
GATEWAY="0.0.0.0"/>

As a workaround,
this can be automated for a group of iLO's in a batch file which can be run from HP SIM.

peter hollis_1
Occasional Advisor

Is there a way just to get the mac address returned withoout the additional information?
Rancher
Honored Contributor

There is a way to do this. Go to reports and choose all Management Processors. Then select the Network Interface category. Choose System Name and MAC Adress. THis will givbe you a report with only the iLO name and its MAC address.
peter hollis_1
Occasional Advisor

Sorry, I meant when using the cpqlocfg.exe command line tool.