1748146 Members
3587 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO board not associating with server in SIM

Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

ILO board not associating with server in SIM

I have a problem in the overviews in SIM, my ILO boards are not associating themselves properly with the devices. If I look at the details on a server the ILO board is there but not in the overview.
See screenshots for a better explanation, have masked servernames/adresses and circled items in red where interesting.
12 REPLIES 12
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

Here's the details, didn't know how to attach two files in same message.

Hi Mikael,

You might wanna check the ILO settings. There is 1 special setting that makes the server and ILO appear together in HP SIM.

On the SNMP/Insight Manager Settings tab:

Check the "Data Return" so that it's set to Enable. Otherwise the server and ILO will appear as 2 different items within HP SIM and together.

BR
Johan S.
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

Thanks for the idea but data return is already either set to "enabled" (or "high" depending on RILOE/ILO type and firmware.)
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

Maybe I should specify to look at second screenshot, the ILO board associates with the server in the details, but not in the overviews, so it should really be a SIM problem not an agent or ILO problem.

(Additionally the current server+ILO settings have worked before in SIM 5.0 SP3, current version is SIM 5.0 SP4)
Craig G.
Occasional Contributor

I've got the same type of problem. ILO associates on the Servers screen but RILOE(1/2) does not.
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

For me unfortunately it applies to all boards whether they are RILOE1,2 or ILO, also regardless of BIOS versions etc so I still believe this must be an error in SIM itself.
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mikael,

Dont agree that this is an issue with SIM 5 sp4 as I have got all iLO's associated just fine in my environment.
Could you tell us more about your SNMP/Insight Manager Settings tab in iLO and also do you have iLO addresses configured for discovery.

Albert
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

>Could you tell us more about your SNMP/Insight Manager Settings tab in iLO and also do you have iLO addresses configured for discovery.

Certainly, anything in particular ?

Anyway, the ILO board is set up with the SIM server as SNMP destination, ILO alerts are enabled, forward alerts are enabled, enable pass-thru is enabled (that's default I believe).

And "Insight Manager Web Agent URL" is set to point to the local server.

In addition, all ILO boards are configured for Directory (and local) authentication, DNS servers and WINS servers are correctly configured and as shown in the second screenshot SIM does receive the information if you look at the server details so the ILO board is obviously able to communicate with SIM.

In addition SIM is set up for automatic discovery of the subnet where we keep out ILO boards.

Firmware on the boards is the latest version (well not all, but at least those I use in this troubleshooting so that can be eliminated as a source of problem).

Warren Tsang

I've recently come across the same problem as well. I have a mixed environment (different iLO Firmware revisions) and I confirmed all the iLOs were configured correctly. I also have HPSIM5 SP4 installed and it was running fine for the past 2-3 months. Then all of the sudden, one day, I logged in and it was the same thing as you described. Any luck?