1753797 Members
8016 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO name resoltuion (one server)

DaveLee
Frequent Advisor

ILO name resoltuion (one server)

I have an ILO detected in SIM 5.3 SP1 that will only every display as an IP address rather "ilo name in server xxxx".

The server resolves to a name ok.

The SIM server can resolve the ILO IP address to a name and all of my other devices are fine?
4 REPLIES 4
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

iLO-->Server associations are done based on the UUID (Serial# + Product ID) of the server. During identification, the UUID of the server is retrieved from iLO and then matched up with the server. Common things that will interfere with this is a server who has had a motherboard replacement and the serial number not programmed or (in iLO1 only) the "HP SIM XML Response" being set to low or none.
DaveLee
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for looking

The server association is fine. What isn't fine is that the ILO is being displayed as an IP address and not it's name.

From my SIM server I can ping the ILO by name but SIM continues to show it via IP address.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Check NSLOOKUP since that only looks up in DNS. Your ping may be getting name by NetBIOS or WINS and HP SIM only uses DNS.
DaveLee
Frequent Advisor

Just tried an NSLOOKUP from the SIM server and it returns the correct name against the IP address.... Very odd... We have no WINS or NetBios.

This is the only device that will not resolve to a name!