4905 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

IML not clearable

Thomas Bauer_3
Frequent Advisor

IML not clearable

Hi Forum,

we use the HP SIM 5.0 and on one server we have events in the IML.
From our point of view the events are cleared. But I could not mark these eventas as cleared. I couldn't even clear the hole IML.

This causes that the HP SIM keeps on reporting events.

Does someone have an idea how to clear the IML and to stop the messages form the HP SIM.
I do not want to stop the HP SIM for this server.

THX Thomas
7 REPLIES 7
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor
Thomas Bauer_3
Frequent Advisor

Re: IML not clearable

Hi Ramesh,

the first links is about errors belonging "out of memory" tzhat is not the case. We still have new items in the IML, but we could not mark selected items as repaired or delete them.

The second post is difficult, because I did not manage to boot the Blade with a virtual CD without HDD?

So what is so astionishing, is that this is one off 25 Balde, which are all installed with the same RDP-Package und are all
updated the same way and is the only one who has that problems.

We have updated to PSP 7.51, but there was no improvement.
Try to update to 7.60.

THX Thomas

Regards,
rmn
Craig McK
Trusted Contributor

Hi Thomas,

Just checking - does the server in question have a Read/Create SNMP community listed?

Cheers

Craig
Thomas Bauer_3
Frequent Advisor

Hi Craig

when I check the settings for the SNMP I do not find any Item for Read/create SNMP community.

But I do find the settings that the SNMP agents accept all packages from any Client and the communityname is public.

The SNMP agent is still working. we got new entries, but I could not delete older entries.

THX Thomas
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I believe that to clear the IML from HPSIM snmp sets need to be enabled - could be wrong on that.

But, you can also access the IML directly using Programs -> HP System Tools -> HP Integrated Management Log Viewer. You can acknowledge, clear etc. IML entries from here.
Craig McK
Trusted Contributor

I agree w/Rob - You'll need a write/create community to change any IML entries via the SMH or SIM.
Yvan Lefevre
Advisor

From the HPSIM User Guide: "The Read Write community string is required by the Web Agent .... This community string is only used locally on the target system and is not used by HP SIM over the network... HP SIM does not need to know this community as it does not use it."

So, you cannot clear the IML events from HPSIM. There are events stored locally (IML) AND events in HPSIM without links between them.

If you configure a R/W community, you can clear the IML via the System Management Homepage, it won't clear your HPSIM events but at least HPSIM should stop reporting it as it won't receive traps anymore.