cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Adress on System Management Homepage

Marcin Pasieka
Occasional Visitor

IP Adress on System Management Homepage

I have Windows2003 server on Proliant ML370 G3 computer. I have configured one network adapter for 3 IP addresses. I want to run System Management Homepage on first address 192.168.0.4 but System Management Homepage is starting on third 192.168.0.6. I'm looking for solution of this. How do I change IP number

P.S. This thread has been moved from ITRC server mgmt (Insight Manager 7) to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum - HP Forums Moderator

2 REPLIES
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Re: IP Adress on System Management Homepage

Normally the behavior of the SMH is to default bind to all the available IP addresses unless otherwise configured. There is an IP binding configuration for the System Management Homepage here:
settings -> system management homepage -> security ->ip binding

So you can specify which IP addresses you want it to communicate through. However, there have been reports of the SMH not recognizing or binding to all the available IP addresses in the system starting with the web release version post PSP7.30- it is an issue that is being looked at now.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Nouvel1
Occasional Contributor

Re: IP Adress on System Management Homepage

Hi,

does this issue has been solved by HP? In fact I have the pb with the latest version of SMH (v2.1.6.156) on a Proliant DL380 G4 server. The HP Agents are also up-to-date (v7.60.0.0).
I have 2 IP on my machine, and SMH only bind on one IP instead of the 2 IPs, in fact I noticed that it always binds on the latest IP in the IP list of the machine. This is a pb for me as it is mandatory for me to have the bind on the first IP of my server.
Thanks.