1751936 Members
4801 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Import data into Insight 5.0 DB

Alan Barber
Advisor

Import data into Insight 5.0 DB

We currently have a working Insight with quite a bit of data in it. Have loaded a new SIM 5.0 and it created it's DB on a separate SQL 2000 server. Is it possible to import the data from the current working DB of a different SIM DB to this newly created one? I have tried using the SQL import data tool and viewing the tables I see data but when loging into Insight no data is shown. If I try to add a system it states it is already in but no systems ar shown and "Collection is empty" is displayed. Thanks!!
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Import data into Insight 5.0 DB

You may cause more harm than good.
I've kept old databases around that have useful historical data in them. I've only once tried to import some historical stuff and that caused me quite a bit of grief.
I just use standard SQL tools to get at data in the previous HPSIM database incarnations.
Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor
Alan Barber
Advisor

Re: Import data into Insight 5.0 DB

Thanks for all your responses. I did pull some data over but as was mentioned it is almost not worth the trouble. Trying to figure out which tables and such is to much messing around. If you bring the whole DB over it also brings information based on the original server name and install. Thanks to you all though for your help!!