Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753599 Members
5940 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Importing MIBS

Darleen

Importing MIBS

I've imported and registered Cisco Mibs with SIM 4.2 however, when trying to set up the event handling it does not show any of the cisco mibs. I've imported other compaq mibs and they show up fine. I can run mxmib and the cisco mibs show up as registered. Suggestions..
4 REPLIES 4
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Many MIBs do not have trap definitions. Are you sure that the ones you imported have traps?
Darleen

Yes the mibs have definitions. Some of the mibs do show up in snmp trap settings, however there are no trap names. I'm starting to think that the .cfg or the original cisco file is not config'd properly. I was just looking at them and noticed "breaks" (carriage return) on the lines of code. I'm going to explore this theory and post later. Thank you for your assistance.
Darleen

Okay, some of the did not have trap definitions, the others had notification-group. The compiler "knew" to change notification-type to trap-type in most cases, but not in all. Still a bit of a head scratch though. Thank you for your insight.
Darleen

Okay, some of them did not have trap definitions, the others had notification-group. The compiler "knew" to change notification-type to trap-type in most cases, but not in all. Still a bit of a head scratch though. Thank you for your insight.