1753905 Members
9661 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Importing and Registering MIBs

Rancher
Honored Contributor

Importing and Registering MIBs

I am currently building a new Sim server with 6.2. I have downloaded the latest MIBs and run the cscript updatemibs.js which copied them to the MIB folder. Whe I log into SIMS I can't see all of the MIBS in the SNMP trap settings. I then registered on with mxmib -a and it is now there. Is there a command I can use to register all of the MIBs at once and not do one at a time? thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Importing and Registering MIBs

I thought that's what the updatemibs script was meant to do. But I must admit on more than one occasion I've had to go back and manually add remove things to get the mibs to report accurately again.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Just a thought, which MIB kit?
just been on the HPSIM site and the latest MIB kit is 8.60 which is bundled into HPSIM 6.2
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

I am totally confused. On all SIM installation we have we never need to load the mibs our self. It was always a part of the installation procedure. In the mean time I saw many entries on the subject in this forum. Please tell me what I missed? Your SIM seems not to run on Windows? Did you upgrade?

Thanks in advance
Rancher
Honored Contributor

I always thought that was what updatemibs did as well.
I was looking for a particular one, powernet.mib because I edit that one.
It wasn't in the SNMP trap configuration on SIM, and when I looked in the MIB folder on the server, powernet.cfg wasn't there. I am installing HPSIM 6.2 and the 8.60 MIB kit that is bundled with it.

So...I then manually downloaded the MIB kit and installed it. The powernet.cfg was there but it still wasn't showing up in SIM. I then ran the mxmib command and, viola, there it was. I have had some strange dealings with these Mibs before!

I am doint a fresh SIM install on Windows 2008 R2, and SIM is purring along just fine so far.
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info. Now I understand the questions in the forum about the mib issue.
As long you only use HP systems it's no problem. In this case we need to test some non HP integration if we want to migrate to SIM 6.2.
Thanks again
bpe
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

OK, interesting.
I've not updated any MIBs (that I recall anyway) and the powernet mib doesn't show up in our HPSIM.
The powernet MIB and cfg files are in the mibs directory though. There's another file of interest there called preloadm.list.
I'm guessing this is the list of mibs HPSIM preloads as part of the install.
powernet.cfg is not listed in the file. That might explain why it's not loaded by default.