1752564 Members
5006 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Initial ProLiant Support Pack Install

Andy Stubbings
Frequent Advisor

Initial ProLiant Support Pack Install

This functionality used to work fine, but recently when trying to deploy a PSP, where I should get the option to configure components I get "there are no configurable components". Then when I click "next" on this screen, the following screen just displays "download in progress" with no percentage completed indicator like there usually is.

As fas as I'm aware nothing has changed to cause this, any ideas???
8 REPLIES 8
Andy Stubbings
Frequent Advisor

Re: Initial ProLiant Support Pack Install

I have now rejigged the system partition on the CMS so there is more space available to page file etc... removed and manually re-imported the latest PSP's, rebooted the CMS and the problem still persists.

I need to be able to deploy PSP's but it's just not working, any help would be appreciated!
Jesse Zellmer
Frequent Advisor

Just a thought, not sure if this will work.

You could try going to the CMS - open the SMH - click on the VCRM (Version Control Repository Manager) - select Rescan the Database and/or Rebuild the Catalog. Please let me know if that helps!
Andy Stubbings
Frequent Advisor

Done and no joy, It's a weird one as everything is set up correctly and should work, when I've selected the PSP and click next, the next screen flashes up instantaneously with the "no configurable components" message so quickly it's like it's not even checking, if you know what I mean.
M.E.H.
Occasional Advisor

I've seen it happen too. But when I click the button to go back, and then again click Next, I suddenly do get the configuration-buttons for SMH and VCA.

By the way, I've only been testing it, and in the end the Initial PSP Install ALWAYS fails with the message (part of it):

--------------------------------
Unable to connect to the target computer. All available connection methods were attempted with no success.
--------------------------------

I too welcome any ideas here.......

Andy Stubbings
Frequent Advisor

Mine has kicked in and is working now, but this has been a re-occuring problem for a while now and I would also like to know how to avoid/fix it.
Andy Stubbings
Frequent Advisor

For anyone out there having this problem, I've found the solution, basically highlight the support pack you are planning to deploy, then wait a couple of minutes before you click next, and that's it!!

If the CMS is busy for whatever reason it seems to take a while for the server to pick up that you want to install a PSP. . . Probably.
Cindy Osborn
Valued Contributor

Andy are you running 5.1 sp1? I started having this problem a couple of months ago and have had a case opened for 2 months on this very issue. It's been very very sporatic on 2 SIM boxes. And always when we had a small window for some of our servers in which to do the install of the psp and reboot. HP has thought that this wasn't an issue for anyone but me since no one else had reported it.
Andy Stubbings
Frequent Advisor

Running the latest and greatest as far as I know, I think 5.1 SP1.

Waiting 5 mins before hitting next really does seem to do the trick though.