New Discussion

Insight Control for vCenter - 'Navigation to the webpage was canceled' error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Raymond_61
Frequent Advisor

Insight Control for vCenter - 'Navigation to the webpage was canceled' error

Hi there,

I've just installed the Insight Control for vCenter 7.11 plugin on a client's vCenter 5.1 server.  The installation seemed to work fine and I was able to get it to pick up the EVA (P6000) - but when I click on any of the new tabs in the vSphere Client, I get an IE 'Navigation to the webpage was canceled'.  I've tried disabling proxy settings, adding the vCenter server name to Trusted Sites zone, disabled IE ESC and Protected Mode - but no luck.  Any ideas?

thanks

Ray

7 REPLIES 7
Raymond_61
Frequent Advisor

Re: Insight Control for vCenter - 'Navigation to the webpage was canceled' error

Still battling with this issue guys... any suggestions?

shocko
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Insight Control for vCenter - 'Navigation to the webpage was canceled' error

Make sure you trust all SSL certs used for vCentre and the IC plugins. Import them into your trust store on your workstation and that should do it.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Raymond_61
Frequent Advisor

Shocko, you're the man!!  Thanks!  All I had to do was browse to:

https://myvcenter:3504/

... and then click on the padlock and install the certificate to the Trusted store, and then restart the vSphere client.  At last!!!!  Thanks a mil!

shocko
Honored Contributor

No problem , glad to be of some help :)

Raymond_61
Frequent Advisor

Shocko, I just noticed that the plugin gives error still if i use vSphere client from any machine other than vCenter, even if I import the vCenter cert.

You mentioned also importing certs for the Insight Control plugins - how would i get to those?

shocko
Honored Contributor

Most of the plugins are web based and have a URL you can browse and download the Public certs from that URL. Make sure to restart IE afer importing any certs.

Raymond_61
Frequent Advisor

Hey shocko, it turns out it was failing from another remote server because I had a proxy enabled in IE without an exception configured.  But I definitely needed the cert installed as well for this to work. Thanks again!