cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight Control for vCenter and Predictive failure

Elle_4
Advisor

Insight Control for vCenter and Predictive failure

It's my understanding that you can, from IC4VC, receive Predictive failure notifications which will then put the ESX host into maintenance mode and move the vms's off to another host in the cluster. I am still wading through the user guides and see some mention of PFA, but not a lot of detail. Has anyone set this up? Have any more clarfication on how it works, or any details that I can read up on? Thank you.
3 REPLIES
Ali
HPE Pro

Re: Insight Control for vCenter and Predictive failure

Hi Eile,

as per my understanding, Insight Control for vCenter brings both Onboard Administrator events and HP Systems Insight Manager
events into vCenter Server, enabling administrators to view and manage them within the vCenter Server Tasks and Events tab.

e.g.
vCenter Server event category: error
Blade events
Enclosure name: Blade in bay number status changed to predictive failure.

navigate to the Tasks and Events tab in vCenter Server and see whether you can define task for vCentre server event "error"

So you may have to define the task for the predictive failure events.

unfortunetly nothing mention about maintenance mode in IC4VC user guide.

thanks,
Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details
Ali
HPE Pro

but I do see lot of documentation on VMware website about maintenance mode and it's configuration
http://pubs.vmware.com/vsp40_e/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=intro/introduction.1.1.html

I know this is possible in DRS Cluster and vmotion configuration.

hope this helps,
aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
Ali
HPE Pro

just checked on one of my virtual centre.

you can put any host into maintainenance mode but it will not be sucessful unless you move all the vm to another host manually.

however, if you have configured the DRS cluster and configure/select host to be enter into maintainenance mode all the vm would be automatically moved to another host as per your configuration.

So this is from Vmware VC perspective.
I work for HPE