1753510 Members
5184 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Insight Manager 5 Sign-In Error

NickP_1

Insight Manager 5 Sign-In Error

Hello,

We recently cloned a server and moved the install to new hardware. This server runs management programs, one of which is Insight Manager. Before the move all was working well. However since the move I can no longer log in via the web interface and the alerting component no longer works.

Insight is running on an SQL 2005 database locally on the server. This database is running and other management programs are running fine.

We used to be able to login via a domain admin account and configure Insight from there. We cannot do this now and therefore cannot fix the non-alerting problem.

This server has the same DNS name and IP address as before the move. Is there somewhere I need to change the MAC address in Insight or something along those lines?

Thanks in advance,

Nick.
4 REPLIES 4
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

Re: Insight Manager 5 Sign-In Error

hi

do you get a log in error ? or is it the web interface that is unavailable ?

Is the HP SIM service running ?

regards

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
NickP_1

Hello thanks for the prompt reply.

Sorry should have been more clear. The interface is available on port 50000 and I see the sign in page. However when I try to login with the usual credentials it says "sign-in failure"

The SIM service is running.

Thanks,

Nick.

Hello Nick,
can you please check the SIM log (%ProgramFiles%\HP\Systems Insight Manager\logs\mx.log)? I've forced a bad logon on my system and get an entry lik this:

@!@,2007-08-02 12:51:18 CEST,SESSION,FAILURE,LOGIN,USER,Login Attempt By Invalid User (192.168.255.111),WARNING,ttt\ttt,,,

Is there an entry in you log file?

Regards
Holger
NickP_1

Hello Holger,

Thanks for the reply. I have just looked through this log and there are no login failures after a certain date.

Even if I try to login to SIM with the log closed when I reopen this is not logged.

Thanks,

Nick.