5864 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Insight Manager ESXi firmware updates

MUFCDuffman
Occasional Visitor

Insight Manager ESXi firmware updates

Hello

Wondering if anyone can help. We had HP Insight Manager installed last year but it never got used and the person that did the installation has since left and we now want to start using it for firmware updates for our ESXi hosts but have no idea how to actually get it working. Logged in, i can see all our ESXi hosts but when i click to do firmware updates it just tells me that the repository is empty but no link as to how to fill it up and looking around i can see nowhere to set anything up for it to look for updates and assign them to the hosts? Should there be something else installed in order for the updates to work? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
lakshmana1
Frequent Advisor

Re: Insight Manager ESXi firmware updates

I think you might need to set up HP VCRM (version control repositary manager)
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

You can use HP SUM remote or boot from a bootable SPP ISO.

Kind regards,

Andrew
shocko
Honored Contributor

To be honest, I would not ever use VCRM for anything. i find it a pretty useless tool and very slow. Use HPSUM as suggested elsewhere or HP OneView if your servers are Gen8/9. Be advised though that currently, HPSUm and the HPSPP only updates certain firmware online on ESXi servers. You will still need to run an offline update to get all firmwares i.e. disk drives etc.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)