Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748289 Members
3093 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Insight Manager Monitoring MSA 30

Stanley Martin

Insight Manager Monitoring MSA 30

I have a Proliant DL580 G2 running Windows 2000 with an MSA 30 attached via SCSI on a SmartArray 6400. I was told at the HP Forum that in order to monitor the MSA 30 via my Insight Manager server, I need the SMI-S drivers loaded on the server. Is this true and if so, where can I find them? All I can see on the web site is for Fiber attached arrays.
6 REPLIES 6
Jennifer Taylor_4
Frequent Advisor

I know I'm leaching but I would like to know the answer to this one too.
TIA
cscherb
Advisor

I'm interested also ...
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

External storage connected via SCSI on a SmartArray controller is reported via the ProLiant Storage Agents. SMI-S is required when the storage is not locally connected to an appropriate IP device and a host has to be used as a proxy for the storage.
cscherb
Advisor

Hmmm - OK - in my case it's connected to an "HP 64-Bit/133MHz PCI-X 2CH Ultra320 HBA". Maybe this controller can't provide the same functionality as an SmartArray controller regarding the monitoring of the attached disks.
Stanley Martin

So are the Proliant Storage Agents on the Proliant Support Pack or somewhere else for download? I did a search for Proliant Storage Agents and it came back with over a hundred items. I have loaded the latest proliant Support Pack on the servers in question.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Stanley, yes, the ProLiant Storage Agent is delivered as part of the PSP.