1748176 Members
4218 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Insight Manager - Need Disk Space Trend Report

akearns

Insight Manager - Need Disk Space Trend Report

Hi there.

I'm hoping someone out there can asssit me on this one. I have a need to run a report against each HP server in our data center to illustrate disk usage over time. The idea is to come up with broad trend information so we can plan expansion etc. Some like "% used" vs collection date" per logical disk per server.

SIM V6.2 has been implemented and I know the data we need is there as it is being collected automatically on a weekly basis. I am currently getting by using "snapshot" reports on each server and selecting the last 4 collection intervals. This works but is not very pretty and we can't really plan with it as a 4 data points is not really enough.

I'm sure there is a way to access the info using a SQL query but I'm no DBA and also there doesn't appear to be a database schematic of SIM V6 out there.

Any assistance/pointers that anyone can give out there would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tony
2 REPLIES 2
Arunav Nayak
Valued Contributor

Hi Tony,

SIM creates four snapshots in SIM DB, thus it is not possible to generate such a report over time.

Thanks,
Arunav
akearns

Hi Arunav

Thanks for the reply. When I generate a snapshot report it is true I can only select 4 "data points" to run the report but there are more than 4 available. In fact there is a data point available for every collection made for that system (about 10 so far). Thus I know the historical data is there I just need a way of extracting it into a "disk space usage over collection data" table per server per disk.

One way to do it I suppose is to run multiple snapshot reports until I have the data for all the collections and then manually collate them but this sounds like a right pain to me (and thus very unlikely to be done on a regular basis).

Regards,

Tony