108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Insight Manager installation errors

SOLVED
Go to solution
atif_4
Occasional Advisor

Insight Manager installation errors

I am installing the insight manager 6.3 for windows server 2008 R2 on proliant DL360 management server, I am getting the following errors;

- IIS default app pool pipeline mode is incorrect.
- Windows Firewall connection - one or more required ports are blocked.
- Security Policy Check - Error in getting security policy.
- Windows Automated Installation Kit not installed.
- SNMP service is missing a read community string.
- The microsoft iSCSI initiator service is stopped. Make sure the service is started.

Note: The SNMP, iSCSI is already installed and running but still it is giving errors.

I appreciate if any one help to resolve this problem.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
BPE
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: Insight Manager installation errors

If you only want to install the System insight Manager you can select the filter in the prerequisite testing. The default filter value is SIM + Insight Control + Insight Dynamics.
For example the iSCSI Initiator and the Windows Automated Installation kit is only need if you plan to use the full Insight Control and Dynamics functionality.

If you still find some error after the filtering you need to check the details.

For SIM your localhost need SNMP access with a read community string I guess you have access using a read_write community string. The system complains because it is a security risk. Add a read only community string and the problems are solved.
atif_4
Occasional Advisor

Thanks bpe, your answer helps me, this is my first time for insight manager and I don't know much.I installed only insight manager and it completes with errors,I opened the home page and found the blade servers as "unmanaged".Is there any agents need to be install on the managed servers? please let me know.

Thanks
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

If you have HP Proliant you need to install the Proliant Support Pack on your mamaged systems. A good help is the Getting started with HP Systems Insight Manager 6.0 or greater in a smaller Windows environment (pdf)
and Configuring HP SIM for Optimal Performance in a Large Environment (pdf) you will find the documents under
http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/infolibrary.html
atif_4
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Bpe, your answers help me a lot.
I appreciate your help.

Atif
atif_4
Occasional Advisor

BPE's suggestion helps me to complete my installation task.
Thanks