1752291 Members
4612 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Insight Manager patch 5.1.001?

Mike EvansCengageLearni
Frequent Advisor

Insight Manager patch 5.1.001?

I checked the Remote Support Software Manager and noticed that it had downloaded a patch for SIM (5.1.001) What exactly does this patch address? I couldn't find anything here in the forums or on the SIM homepage.
6 REPLIES 6
NewKidd2
Frequent Advisor

Mike,

I installed the patch you mentioned, according to the log, two files are copied, which are: fixupentitlement.sql and HOTFIX51_001.jar. I was not able to find any more information, other than the fact that this description on the install for the pack, which reads: "This softpaq updates HP Systems Insight Manager 5.1 to modify SQL tables to avoid a problem with the Remote Support Pack".

I never saw any problems w/ the Remote Support Pack, so I do not know if the patch actually fixed anything.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.
Mike EvansCengageLearni
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping someone from HP who monitors this forum would have taken the time to reply since there doesn't seem to be any real pre-installation documentation.

Thanks again for the reply
Darrin Rawls
Respected Contributor

It addresses some problems internally to SIM that the Remote Support Pack needed to function correctly in the phone-home mode.
Mike EvansCengageLearni
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the response. Would it be possible to request that this kind of information be provided in the Remote Support Software Tool as a link back to the website or as a txt file? Consider that a feature request :-)

Thanks again
Darrin Rawls
Respected Contributor

Gotcha.
Mike EvansCengageLearni
Frequent Advisor

Closing this thread