1752466 Members
5530 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Insight Orchestrator Logs

jameskrolak
Advisor

Insight Orchestrator Logs

I don't know if this is the right area for questions about the logging for Insight Orchestrator, but since I installed it as an add-on to SIM, it's taking up TONS of disk space over just a few days with its logs. I haven't even started the app or done anything with it, but over 4 days, its logs have taken up 10 GB of space. And this is behaving the same on 3 separate SIM servers we have. I haven't found any indication of settings for the logs or any sort of log cleanup settings or options. Are there any? Or any other way to prevent these from getting so large? (short of making my own cleanup script/program that deletes them)
3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: Insight Orchestrator Logs

What's the content of the logs? It sounds if you aren't using IO for anything, the only thing the logs should have in them is nothing or else it is complaining about a misconfiguration or an actual error that should be corrected...
jameskrolak
Advisor

Checking...
jameskrolak
Advisor

I'm seeing stuff that keeps repeating that says it's going to run in another 15 seconds and is trying to communicate with the VMM module. I didn't think that it would need to be configured right from the start if I wasn't going to use it yet.

Here's an example of what repeats in the logs:

2009-07-07 00:00:01,150 [VEInfo refresh ] DEBUG com.hp.hpio.sbapi.adapter.vmm.VEInfoCacheImpl$1.run - Updating VEInfo...
2009-07-07 00:00:01,150 [VEInfo refresh ] DEBUG com.hp.hpio.sbapi.adapter.vmm.VEInfoCacheImpl.getRemoteVEInfo - starting vmmClient.getVEInfo...
2009-07-07 00:00:01,150 [VEInfo refresh ] DEBUG com.hp.hpio.sbapi.adapter.vmm.VMMClientImpl. - VMMClientImpl.
2009-07-07 00:00:01,150 [VEInfo refresh ] DEBUG com.hp.hpio.sbapi.adapter.vmm.VMMClientImpl.initializeAPI - Connection to VMM at localhost:40420
2009-07-07 00:00:01,166 [VEInfo refresh ] DEBUG com.hp.hpio.sbapi.adapter.vmm.VEInfoCacheImpl.getRemoteVEInfo - Error retrieving VEInfo from VMM: You have not entered any Virtual Center credentials. Please enter valid VC 2.x credentials in Options->Virtual Machine Management->Security->VMware VirtualCenter Settings
2009-07-07 00:00:01,166 [VEInfo refresh ] DEBUG com.hp.hpio.sbapi.adapter.vmm.VEInfoCacheImpl$1.run - Didn't get VEInfo from VMM, rescheduling request in 15 seconds...