5673 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Insight Power Manager automation

Ian Kirvell
Frequent Advisor

Insight Power Manager automation

Hi all,

can anyone suggest a way of automating the collection of data within the IPM plugin? Ideally I would be collecting power usage / inlet temperature readings of groups of servers once a day. I know this is possible with the normal SIM reports, but I can't see a way within IPM.

If not, does anyone know a way of interogating the ILO2 device for information using a third party tool?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
V Deepak Kumar
Regular Advisor

Re: Insight Power Manager automation

Hey Ian,
Yes you are right, Currently with SIM reports its not possible to do.
In next version of IPM we are planning to have a scheduled reports feature that would allow the user to configure
a) Say I want power/thermal data [All the data that is exported as report today] for the past 24 hrs every day @ so and so time for so many days.
I think once we get this in for next release it would meet your needs.
I am happy to know that we already have one customer for this.

Just curious to know, what more would you like to have in this feature, kind of a wish list that you would want ? For example would you want to configure your report to have only power data or only thermal data and so on?
Thanks
Deepak
Performance is compulsion and not an option if my existence is to be justified.
Ian Kirvell
Frequent Advisor

Re: Insight Power Manager automation

Thanks for your reply, it's good to know this will be developed in the future. I think a report system similar to the main SIM system would be good, perhaps even somehow integrate the IPM reports into the main Report area. We could then produce a report with IPM data and inventory data on the same page which might be useful.

Thanks