108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Insight Power Manager

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mike EvansCengageLearni
Frequent Advisor

Wasn't sure if you wanted me to do the same as Ian, but I did not change any default ports and I am able to retrieve a response using the link you provided and the address of some iLo's that are giving me trouble
mgarrett
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Ian,

I'm glad that got you going. You don't need a defense about port 80. We failed to document that dependency because I don't think we guessed that it would change. We are logging a feature request to make that configurable in an upcoming version. Its absolutely up to you whether you want to go back to port 80, or wait for an update. Unfortunately, I cannot give you a date on an update yet.

Mike

mgarrett
Occasional Advisor

Hi Mike,

You should probably verify your server/iLO associations and re-identify your iLOs.

If you feel comfortable doing so, feel free to post the XML output of that URL here. IPM is specifically looking for:

HSI/SPN = a supported server model name
ML350 G5
DL360 G5
ML370 G5
DL380 G5
BL480c G1
BL460c G1
DL365 G1
DL385 G2
BL685c G1
BL465c G1

MP/IPM = 1 (iLO 1.30 firmware or later - assumed OK in iLO 1.20)
MP/HWRI >= 5 (an iLO2 hardware revision)

If all these conditions are met (MP/IPM is optional and not present for iLO 1.20 firmware), the iLO and system should be marked compatible.

Mike
Mike EvansCengageLearni
Frequent Advisor

Serial's intentionally omitted

Server 1:

-
-
XXXXXXXXX
ProLiant DL385 G2
407424XXXXXXXXX

-
Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO2)
ASIC: 7
ILO2XXXXXXXXX
ILO407424XXXXXXXXX

Server 2:

-
-
XXXXXXXXX
ProLiant DL385 G2
407424XXXXXXXXX

-
Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO 2)
ASIC: 7
ILO2XXXXXXXXX
ILO407424XXXXXXXXX

mgarrett
Occasional Advisor

Hi Mike,

I've tried to reproduce your problem, but without success. I see nothing wrong with this XML data. You've posted your case number. Let me try to go this route and see if we can get further.

Are you familiar with HP-SIM's debug logging facilities?

Mike
Ian Kirvell
Frequent Advisor

Mike,

I've now got 2 Proliants reporting to IPM, I must say I'm very impressed with the product.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to help. Shall I close this thread now?
Mike EvansCengageLearni
Frequent Advisor

I'm not familiar with the Debug Facilities
Ian Kirvell
Frequent Advisor

Actually, before I close it, Mike - could you tell me if there is a way to export this excellent data in csv format etc. ?
mgarrett
Occasional Advisor

Why, yes there is!

You can export any graph's raw data by expanding the actions section at the bottom of the page, checking the systems you are interested in, and clicking Export. This will download a CSV file.

The data in the file is "rawer" than the graph and analysis data. Its very close to what's in the database table. From that, you can do all sorts of things with it.

One note: Excel has a 65,536 line limit, which can get easily overrun if you try to export too large a time range at once.

Mike
Ian Kirvell
Frequent Advisor

That's great. Well, thanks for your help Mike, I look forward to release 1.1 !