1748180 Members
4210 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Insight Remote Support Monitoring & Email Alerts

rodneypooleg
Advisor

Insight Remote Support Monitoring & Email Alerts

I'm trying to setup email alerts so installed the Insight Remote SUpport software, enabled SNMP and installed the Event Agents.

For some reason the 'Monitoring & Collections' arent working and I'm struggling to find a straight answers on how I go about all this tbh.

Could someone please help?

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Insight Remote Support Monitoring & Email Alerts

Did you setup SNMP and/or WBEM events to be send to your server ??

Kind regards,

Andrew
rodneypooleg
Advisor

Hi Andrew

Where do I set them up, sorry?

Regards

Rdny

BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Did you know that you can call  HP support in case your HW has warranty or a valid service contract?

If not the email alerting will anyway not work. Since HP IRS 7.x only devices with vaild Hp contract will be handled.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

If you run a repair for your servers you can set snmp, trusts and WBEM settings. All you need are credentials for the remote servers. First make sure you can authenticate with the servers. Then set either SNMP or WBEM. If the servers are identified set the traps with a repair from SIM.

Kind regards,

Andrew
LGentile
Trusted Contributor

I think you need to decide what you are looking to do.

SIM can send you emails on hardware events without Insight Remote Support.  IRS is for use with systems that have a valid HP contract.  I would not use it just to monitor/send emails.  The products are separate, but can work together, but neither is required for the other anymore.

Both products are "free" for what you want to do, there's just no reason to use IRS for monitoring/emails only, unless you want HP to automatically open cases for your contracted hardware.