1753447 Members
4889 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Insight using the virtual IP address of an Oracle 10g RAC blade

Brian Frost
Occasional Advisor

Insight using the virtual IP address of an Oracle 10g RAC blade

When insight discovers the blades that are running a Oracle 10g RAC environment under Linux, it selects the virtual IP address that can be reassigned to another blade in case of failover instead of the systems permanent IP address.

When I look at the addresses it discovered for the blade, it reports both addresses. It's system name is set to dcorablade2 and the DNS record for that host name points to the blades servers permanent IP address. But it selects the preferred system name to be vipdcorablade2 (the virtual IP address DNS record) and selects the network name to be the FQN for vipdcorablade2.

I can change the system name through insight, but I can't change the network name.

Is there a way to force insight to use the network name that I want it to use on system with more than 1 IP address?
3 REPLIES 3
Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor

Put in the Virtual IP address in the ping exclusion range in the automatic discovery page, put in the node's IP address in the ping inclusion range and then run the discovery. This will enable you to discover just the servers and then manage them.
Brian Frost
Occasional Advisor

That's what I ended up doing. Thanks for the suggestion.
Brian Frost
Occasional Advisor

Closing thread