5379 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Install HP Patches with PXE Boot

simli278
Advisor

Install HP Patches with PXE Boot

Hey all,

is it possible to install the latest HP patches via PXE boot?

My dream would be to have an folder where I can copy the latest SPP's and Supplement Bundles and which I can boot via PXE. Does anyone have an solution for this or uses the same method to update servers?

Regards

simli278

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

You could look at this URL https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PXEInstallMultiDistro
It explains how to create a Linux bootable enviroment, the SPP ISO files could then be used to create a Suse boot, the SPP ISO is a Suse bootable ISO.
Kind regards,

Andrew
simli278
Advisor

Thanks Andrew I will have a deeper look on that!

The guide says that you can boot from an ISO but is it also possible to boot from an whole folder?

I mean for example I create an folder where I can copy the latest SPP's and boot from this folder so that I have got all the files that I need?

Regards

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

You can use HP SUM to update your servers remotely, you can point out a folder where your SPP files are located. Booting from a folder is just not possible, you need an OS running on you server beeing local installed or booted from DVD/CDROM/ISO. The SPP bootable ISO'S run SUSE Linux and can be mounted from ILO to boot. Sad to say the SPP images need user intervention so just booting them and wait would not work. Scripting the install from a PXE booted OS should be possible using HP SUM.

Kind regards,

Andrew