HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Software and Firmawre stops when choosing more than 10 objects

Jimmy Tn
Occasional Advisor

Install Software and Firmawre stops when choosing more than 10 objects

Hi!
This problem has been discussed in this forum for earlier versions of HP SIM. However no solution was presented. See thread:
http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1233840676309+28353475&threadId=860019

Now I have the following issue: When choosing more than 10 objects for "Install Software and Firmware", the task stops. When I check Tasks & Logs it can show 0% finished but it might be so that the objects really are updated!
I have to manually cancel the task.
When I choos fewer than 10 objects tha process is very slow. The task is not finished and I have to cancel it, although the objects have been updated.

SIM Version: 5.2, SP2, MIB 8.10, + Hotfixes.

I read something about problem with hpsmhd.exe. Anyone experienced similar problem?

Note! Our other CMS server with the same version installed works perfectly.

BR / Jimmy
3 REPLIES
Jimmy Tn
Occasional Advisor

Re: Install Software and Firmawre stops when choosing more than 10 objects

Update on this issue:
I reinstalled SMH and VCA. After that more than 10 objects can be updated. However 10 of them shows "Process timeout" and two is "Succeeded" when I update 12. The task halts at 83% which is exactly 10/12.
I still have to cancel the task manually, although the updates have been applied.
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

can you browse to Any target VCA log page & check the install task result?

Issue might be, VCA(target servers) unable to resolve the DNS name of the HPSIM server, while posting task response.
Jimmy Tn
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, I think you led me in the right direction. There is no problem with DNS. However I have checked the logs and the following message appears: "The Version Control Agent POSTed a InstallComplete category event with severity code 1 to URL http://[SIM Server]:280/cpqevent. An unexpected status of 0 was returned."
On my other SIM server (which is working correctly) the line "An unexpected status of 0 was returned" does not appear.
I am in contact with our firewall department because port 280 is not within the rules that is opened for the SIM server's communication portfolio. // Jimmy