New Discussion

Re: Install drivers from HP SIM

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sands15
Frequent Advisor

Install drivers from HP SIM

Hello,

I am trying to configure HP SIM server to install drivers and firmware to all clients through HP SIM server only.
I have already setup my HP SIM server and able to discover the server.
Kindly let me know further process.

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello there,

You probably alreay have it installed as it is default in the SIM installation. The program is called the VCRM, short for Version Control Repository. This is a program that you can use from SIM to deploy software, drivers or even whole SPP's. SPP's are collections of drivers, agents and firmware from HP. SPP stands for Servicepack for Proliant. Did you alreay download a SPP? These packages are free downloadable from the HP website. You can unpack the downloaded SPP and put it in the Repository directory. You defined the directory during setup. If you can't remember please start the System Management Homepage of you SIM server and look fot the Version Control Repository link just under the VCA agent.

Here you can find the directory you can put the unpacked SPP in, or if you configured the Repository to download packages from the Internet there may already be software available in the Repository.

Once you have a or more baselines you can configure your servers to use one of the baselines. You can configure which server uses which baseline under options and the software / firmware baselines. Here you select a baseline and add systems or collections of servers to that baseline. Once you have configured the servers to use that baseline you can push that baseline or just parts of it to your servers. You will need trusts with your servers to do that. You can also configure the VCA agent on your managed servers to pull updates from your SIM server to your managed servers.

The downside to this methode is that you have to go to every System Management Homepage and click to install you ipdates, on the upside you get better control which servers gets updated when.

There is more to tell in detail but this should give you some insight.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew
Sands15
Frequent Advisor

Hi..
I have configured everything.
Getting below error from VCA while selecting VCRM:
The specified repository, , is invalid or not reachable.

VCA:7.1.0.3

VCRM:7.1.0.910
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello there,

when you are logged on to the server that runs the vca can you access the System Management Homepage of the SIM server? Could be the firewall on the SIM server.

Can you attach a screenshot of the error?

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew