HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Insight Management Agents fail due to missing system management controller driver

ckuenzler
Occasional Advisor

Installation of Insight Management Agents fail due to missing system management controller driver

Hello

I have a problem on a HP ProLiant DL 360 G3 server. Tried to install "Insight Management Agents 8.15.0.0" on it but without success. Tried it directly with the exe file and also with the latest SPS package (HP SUM).
In HP SUM I receive the following error message:

---------------------------------
The software is not supported for installation on this system.

The installation program couldn't find the appropriate system management
controller driver which is required but is not currently installed. Please
install the appropriate system management controller driver and then rerun
the setup program.

So I tried to install the System Management Controller Driver, but this fails too:

Installation failed on at least one device. One of the devices may have
been deleted through Device Manager and a reboot may be necessary to
complete the driver installation for this device.

I have no clue, why this fails. Tried it at least 3 times.
Anyone has an idea?

Thank you in advance.
Attached is the installation log file.
2 REPLIES
Tony Cresswell
Frequent Advisor

Re: Installation of Insight Management Agents fail due to missing system management controller driver

I have the exact same problem with a DL380 G5.

When I try and install the ILO2 driver and the ASM driver it says that the driver is not suitable for this system ?!?!?!?!

Windows 2003 x86 SP2!
Ragarc
Occasional Advisor

Re: Installation of Insight Management Agents fail due to missing system management controller driver

I had this problem many times. SPs sometimes have more than one System Management Controller driver. For example, 7.60 has a "HP Proliant System Management Controller Driver" (cp005773.exe, a "HP Proliant Advance System Management Controller Driver" (cp006085.exe) and a "HP Proliant iLO Advanced System Management Controller Driver" (cp006284.exe).

It is confusing. I try them all and usually the one that installs fine is the "HP Proliant iLO Advanced System Management Controller Driver". So far at least one always has installed fine. Good luck.