Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753900 Members
7608 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Installing HP-SIM 7.5 give error in database configuration(database credentials are not valid)

SamaySoni
Occasional Contributor

Installing HP-SIM 7.5 give error in database configuration(database credentials are not valid)

Hello,

I am installing HP-SIM version 7.5. i am having sql server 2012 installed with sysadmin right on the same server where i want to install HP-SIM. i can confirm that i can use the database credentials on SQL management studio.

I am using service account(Non expiry account) to install HP-SIM and when HP-SIM wizards detects database and require a credential and then putting database account credentials are not working.it is giving me error that database credentials are not valid.(My service account and database account both are different).

Can someone please advise where i am doing wrong? or is there a bug in SIM?

4 REPLIES 4
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Installing HP-SIM 7.5 give error in database configuration(database credentials are not valid)

No that's not a bug this should work just fine. Not sure if SQL credentials work. We use Windows user for authentication. Did you also supply the domainname if you use AD credentials ?
Kind regards,

Andrew
SamaySoni
Occasional Contributor

Well i have configured the database using windows authentication. not sure why SQL authentication was not working. Thank you for your support.

SamaySoni
Occasional Contributor

can you please let me know exactly which HP or other web sites that IRS standard version 7.6 needs to have access to at port 443.

i alreday know that alias services.isee.hp.com need to be connected through firewall but my company policies require IP address and HP strongly recommends use only alias.

can you please let me know which else alias needs to be connected and what IP should be used?

Thanks in advance.

j_del_bosque
Occasional Visitor

Solved it by running the installer as administrator.... :(