1752511 Members
4971 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Installing SIM 6.3 on windows 2008 r2 sp1 VM running on VMware Server

Jamie Curran
Advisor

Installing SIM 6.3 on windows 2008 r2 sp1 VM running on VMware Server

When trying to install SIM 6.3 I get to the  error after  I select  Iinstall and use Sql express)  I enter my password  all other info looks good .

SQL 2008 express R2 installation failed with exit code: -2061893608

I have uninstalled and tried reinstalling a few times now .   Any thoughts  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Re: Installing SIM 6.3 on windows 2008 r2 sp1 VM running on VMware Server

What says the Advisor before the installation? Is everything green?

I had once also an error with the installation during SQL and found the solution through the advisor which explained me that my version of the Windows Installer was not recent enough... Another time it had to do with a pending reboot...

Other possibility is to manually install the SQL before the Integrated installer... Browse the ICE DVD, somewhere you will find the directory with the executable to install the SQL...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Jamie Curran
Advisor

Yes I was going to install SQL express first however I'm wondering if this has anything to do with Domain. I have used the same code and successfully installed on a 2008 R2 VM standalone and a physical server 2008 R2 standalone  with no issues installs the first time. The Server I'm having issue with is different only by being in the domain.

jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

It is possible that if you are in a Win2k8R2 AD that there may be policy considerations.

I'd double check the pre-reqs with the SIM install guide and release notes also I'd run a checksum against the bits just in case. You can download the Insight Software DVD 1 and run the Software Advisor for HPSIM install only and see what it tells  you.

More than likely though if you are at SP1 it is a user access problem, make sure you have UAC off, Windows Firewall and run the installer as administrator. You can also check with your Windows Security folks as it may be a GPO as well.

The bummer is that SQL exit code isn't all that helpful - from what I know of it that is pretty general.