4621 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Invalid FRU Data

JFREHEL
Occasional Advisor

Invalid FRU Data

Hello world...

This i my first post, i am sorry to begin by a question but i have a message coming from my blades. I have SIM 5 and it tells me :

"Invalid FRU Data Infrastructure fault at Server Blade management Module FRU EEPROMтАЭ

I will contact HP and then put the answer here.
5 REPLIES 5
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

"FRU" = Field Replaceable Unit. It sounds like you have c-Class blades and this is being reported by Onboard Administrator. Is it possible that this is pre-production hardware you have for evaluation?
JFREHEL
Occasional Advisor

My machines are BL20 P which are in production for a long time.
├В┬л Invalid FRU Data Infrastructure fault at Server Blade management Module FRU EEPROM├в is in my Latest Integrated Management Log Entry on my ilo.Thanks anyhow
bruno roncoroni
Advisor

Hi,
I have the same message
p-Class (firm 2.40)with 16 BL35p
The blade in slot 3 is off-line , iLO not available; The power led is off
I have go out the blade and re-enter the blade in slot 3
The blade start good but the power led is red

Infrastructure Fault, Invalid FRU Data at Chassis Slot4, FRU EEPROM
and
Server Blade Enclosure Inadequate Power To Power On: Lost Redondant Power (Enclosure Address 0000, Slot 3)
Thanks for your assistance
odd arne hauge

I have the same issue. BL35P in slot 3 fails. ILM on other blade servers in enclosure reports "Infrastructure Fault, Invalid FRU Data at Chassis Slot4, FRU EEPROM". No active LEDs on the server in slot 3. If I remove the server from the sleeve, reset the enclosure management module and reinserts the server it will power up and be running for a random time (hours or days). Have replaced enclosure management module, power management module, server system board, dc/dc converters, sleeve, .... HP has still not been able to fix the problem first reported for nearly 2 months ago. Do any of you readers have a clue ?
DamirKozar
Occasional Advisor

Hello!
Just a thought from my similar problem.. We upgraded the enclosure and PSU enclosure firmware to the latest available (v2.40) - this has reflashed the above mentioned "FRU EEPROM". Then we performed a full power-off of entire p-class infrastructure (switched off circuit breakers on PDUs) and did a cold start - the problem did not appear again yet..