1748265 Members
4027 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Invalid HTTP status 404 trying to read file remote file

John Ferrell
Occasional Advisor

Invalid HTTP status 404 trying to read file remote file

I'm getting the following error when my HP Insight Manager attempts to get updates from the FTP site. It appears as if the permissions are wrong on the directory (link) pub/softlib/software2 and since the permissions are wrong, my Insight Manager cannot get to the XML file.

Invalid HTTP status 404 trying to read file remote file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalog.xml.
Error downloading remote file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalog.xml to local file C:\hp\hpsmh\data\webapp-data\vcrepository\catalog.xml.
10 REPLIES 10
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

Can you perform the Update from Version Control Repository Manager by clicking the "Update from hp.com now" link under "Catalog" Tab?
John Ferrell
Occasional Advisor

It seems to work sometimes and other times it fails but it fails about once a day. It failed when I ran it this time with the following errors in the log:

Error for file: C:\hp\hpsmh\data\webapp-data\vcrepository\catalogindex.xml
Error code: 2147500037

Invalid HTTP status 404 trying to read file remote file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalogindex.xml.
Error downloading remote file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalogindex.xml to local file C:\hp\hpsmh\data\webapp-data\vcrepository\catalogindex.xml.
Error for file: catalog.xml

Invalid HTTP status 404 trying to read file remote file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalog.xml.
Error downloading remote file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalog.xml to local file C:\hp\hpsmh\data\webapp-data\vcrepository\catalog.xml.

I am getting practically the same error:
Did you ever get a solution

VCRM log entry: https://ERHPSIMP1:2381/vcrepository/log?entryId=VCRM1122886831
Error code: 12003
An extended error was returned from the server.550 /pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalogindex.xml: No such file or directory.

An extended error was returned from the server.550 /pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalog.xml: No such file or directory.

John Ferrell
Occasional Advisor

No. I have not heard anything and it still happens periodically. I will get some failures and then it starts working again.
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

Miller,

Can you try to connect to ftp.hp.com from VCRM system using any "ftp" tool with passive enabled, and navigate to the path of catalog files(as in log).and try downlaoding then.

If you are not able to download the files.

Then you have to check your network to allow "Passive FTP"
Wilson Pena_1

I get the same error when I click on "update from hp.com now"

Message The automatic repository update failed because an error occurred while retrieving the download site catalog.

Additional Data
An extended error was returned from the server.550 /pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalogindex.xml: No such file or directory.

An extended error was returned from the server.550 /pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalog.xml: No such file or directory.

ICT System
Advisor

We are getting the same error with different data:

Entry Details
Severity Error
Date / Time 8-8-2005 13:59:15
Message The automatic repository update failed because an error occurred while processing the download site catalog.
Additional Data
Error for file: C:\hp\hpsmh\data\webapp-data\vcrepository\catalog.xml
End tag 'head' does not match the start tag 'META'.

Anybody know a solution?

Regards,

Raymond Kales
Marco MM
Advisor

To solve the problem the service "HP Version Control Repository manager" must start with credentials of an user account having Administrator privilege on the HP SIM box.
scharris_99
Occasional Advisor

Marco MM is DA MAN!

I built a new 5.2 SIM server from the latest installation files and it had the vcrm service running under system credentials. I changed it to my admin account and it's now updating. Why this is not the default configuration is one of the many problems that HP has to fix!