1753278 Members
5646 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Is HP SIM supported as a Virtual Machine

doubleH
Regular Advisor

Is HP SIM supported as a Virtual Machine

I would like to virtualize my HP SIM server, but would like to know if this is a supported configuration.
2 REPLIES 2
Dana Swanson
Regular Advisor

Re: Is HP SIM supported as a Virtual Machine

Hello,

(I has these in my notes)

HP SIM 5.1 can run on a Windows Virtual Machine (VM) provided the following requirements are met.

1. The VM must be hosted on an ESX 3.0.1 or later server
2. The VM configuration must meet HP SIM hardware requirements determined by the sizing web site.
3. The CPU and Memory resources allocated to this VM must be always available to this VM (by reserving CPU and Memory resources).

The Service Essentials Remote Support Pack is the only plug in that's not supported on a VM.

Here's a explaination of the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack:

Boost service quality and efficiency with closed-loop fault management.
HP Service Essentials incorporates industry-leading service tools that notify you when a significant system event has occurred or may potentially occur. You can configure and customize alert notification status for key hardware components including ProLiant servers, Linux-based Integrity servers and associated devices. The tools are designed for precise problem identification and send notifications only for events that require service actions.
Integration of the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack with HP SIM brings you a comprehensive ├в phone home to HP├в capability that includes:
├в ┬в 24x7 remote and local monitoring
├в ┬в Service response during contracted, HP Care Pack service or warranty coverage hours for qualified devices├В 
├в ┬в Highly secure Internet connection to HP
├в ┬в Detailed problem resolution information including part location in device, replacement part number and access to self-repair streaming videos
├в ┬в Rapid electronic access to device entitlement information for all SIM-detected devices: system ID information; service entitlement information; automatic retrieval of warranty, HP Care Pack service and support contract details; automatic notification 90, 60 and 30 days before warranty, service or contract expiration Straightforward installation instructions make it easy to install and configure all these powerful features.

Happy SIMing :)
doubleH
Regular Advisor

Re: Is HP SIM supported as a Virtual Machine

closed