108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Issues with 7.4 Agents and NetWare

SOLVED
Go to solution
D. Buck

Issues with 7.4 Agents and NetWare

Hello all,

I have been recently pushing the 7.40A agents to all of my NetWare servers. The installation has gone well, done the default install and config, and have rebooted or reset the servers.

The issue I am seeing is this: After reinstalling the 7.4 agents, there is now no information on the machines that have SmartArray 5300 or 6400 controllers installed as the default array controller. I can see the IDE controller and I can see all volumes on the system, but no information on the SmartArray controllers. Did I miss an .NLM file, or configure something incorrectly? Any guesses?

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Lars Nilsson_1
Trusted Contributor
Solution

In the folder \\servername\SYS\CPQREAD\ you ought to have a file called cpqstor.txt which contains information about the NLM's involved with the HP Storage Agents.

I think it's CPQDASA.NLM that handles array controllers.

Look if that module is loaded.

If not:

Check the file SYS\SYSTEM\CPQSNMP.CFG and look if the line that loads CPQDASA is commented out.
D. Buck

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!

Apparently, many of the earlier CPQDASA.nlm files caused abends in our production system. Supposedly the newer HP drivers have fixed the issue, but many of the CPQDASA on older servers had indeed been REM'd out. Thanks!
Lars Nilsson_1
Trusted Contributor

Glad I could help a NetWare fellow ;-)