1752577 Members
4814 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Issues with HP SIM PMP license keys

Harry Werkman
Occasional Advisor

Issues with HP SIM PMP license keys

I'm having a small issue with the Performance Management Pack license keys in HP SIM.
I have inadvertently issued multiple license keys against multiple server (instead of one key per server) and would like to delete the key allocations and start again.
It appears that when the keys are allocated there is no mechanism to correct any errors made during the allocation process.

Also I have entered the keys for ILO and PMP into two files (as per the on-line help page) but every time I try and add the keys via the 'Add keys from file' option a dialog is displayed indicating an 'invalid file extension'. I can not find what extension I should use (I've tried .lic, .dat etc.)
I'm using PMP 4.1.1.
6 REPLIES 6
pkrai
Trusted Contributor

Re: Issues with HP SIM PMP license keys

I don't think that there is way to correct that error after allocation of keys.

The extension should be .key & file should be in xml format, given in on-line (?) help on 'Manage Keys' page.

Thanks.
Harry Werkman
Occasional Advisor

Hi.

Changing the file extension to ".key" worked a treat, thanks again.
To correct the license key allocation would I have to remove/install SIM or have these keys been 'bound' and stored on each individual server ?

Regards,

Harry W.
pkrai
Trusted Contributor

Since all license information is stored in database available with CMS, where SIM has been installed, I think uninstallation & then reinstallation of SIM will help you.

Thanks.
Harry Werkman
Occasional Advisor

I'll give the remove/install a try and get back to the forum on the results.

Regards,

Harry W.
James A. Baker
Occasional Advisor

Harry,
Were you able to resolve this issue without re-installing SIM? I do not have that option. Deleting the object within HPSIM and re-installing the OS on the system was not effective. I assume that you were presented with the same screen as my attachment. I believe it is interfering with my ability to configure PMP - getting the incorrect OS. I've even tried to set that system property manually.

thanks!

j
Harry Werkman
Occasional Advisor

Unfortunately, like you, I was unable to just delete/discover the object and get the license for PMP to work.
I had to uninstall/re-install SIM 5.0 with SP5 and upgrade PMP from 4.1 to 4.1.1.
Not a very flexible product is it!
We use IBM Director for our IBM server fleet and realise that both products have their strengths and weaknesses but at the moment I'm leaning more to IBM Director to monitor our HP servers than use HP SIM to monitor our IBM servers (we are trying to standardise on using one product).