1751933 Members
4924 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Issues with hp system insight manager communicating with target machines

sungminjin
Occasional Advisor

Issues with hp system insight manager communicating with target machines

hi.. I  am experiencing an issue with my hp system insight manager and my target machines, when I try to deploy a agent or firmware via  HP system insight manager.   when I am logged into my HP SIM ,, I goto  DEPLOY --> Deploy Drivers, Firmware, Agents -->  Install firmware and software

I would choose my target machine and the agent of software or firmware I want to deploy .. I would hit ok and another screen would pop up and telling me that the agent has been downloaded and the screen would stay in the  In progress window... for 25mins.. I know it is not working.. so I then log into my target machine and open up Version control agent and I check the logs..   please see below

Severity    Task ID    Date / Time    Message
Error    1470    4/11/2014 3:27:35 PM    An install process for Smart Component cp020718.exe was terminated due to a timeout of 15 minutes.
    1470    4/11/2014 3:12:35 PM    Installation started for Smart Component, cp020718.exe.

1470    4/11/2014 3:12:27 PM    The Version Control Agent POSTed a DownloadComplete category event with severity code 1 to URL http://172.50.50.50:280/cpqevent.

Normal    1470    4/11/2014 3:12:22 PM    Smart Component, cp020718.exe, was downloaded from Version Control Repository Manager server HP-msim1.highnet.

1470    4/11/2014 3:11:53 PM    Started installation task from caller 172.50.50.50. [ details ]

as you can see it looks like the process never gets to finish.. it just times out like the HP SIM couldnt send the agent to the machine to download and just times out..

so I went ahead and manually download the agent from the target machine and I was able to install without issues...

anyone have similar issue ? and know a fix for this ?   it looks like.. I can not delopy any agents or software via the HP SIM... what good is this software if I have to manually goto each machine and install it ?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

Re: Issues with hp system insight manager communicating with target machines

hi,

did you check the windows eventlogs for any errors? maybe there is a security restriction blocking your installation (like a popup which is asking for credentials but u cant see the popup because its in another session so it waits for user input...)

regards,

Gilles_ch

Re: Issues with hp system insight manager communicating with target machines

I have the same Problem.

The "HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server x64 Editions 9.60.0.0" cp022077 or the "HP Service Pack for ProLiant Maintenance Supplement Bundle 2014.04" can solve your problem.

Best Regards

Gilles