Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753822 Members
8559 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Items clear automatically

David Dark

Items clear automatically

I've been reviewing our HP SIM event logs and I have been unable to find out why there are several critical events which are cleared without clearing them personally. I have checked the automatic event handler, and there are no tasks enabled. I've checked the scheduled tasks and find nothing clearing the tasks there. I've even tried to decipher the Audit log to no avail. Please help.

I should also note that I am the only administrator with access to this service.

Thanks,

-Dave
4 REPLIES 4
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Dave,

Have you installed Storage Essentials ?

When an event is cleared in HP Storage Essentials, it is also cleared in HP SIM.

Regards,
James.
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

Hi

in Tasks and logs menu, There is a default task that delete events older than 90 days...
Is it enabled ?
Could it be this ?

Hope it helps.

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Yes Dave,
By default this Task is Active.
Try deleting it.

Regards,
James.
David Dark

Thank you both for your responses.

I have checked the HP Storage Essentials idea, and that is not installed.

As for the Task which clears the events after 90 days, that is turned on and working. I'm not having an issue with the events being "deleted" though, just certain events are clearing at the time they occur and some aren't.

After further review, it seems that the items that are being auto cleared are "System unreachable" evens that have events that follow as the system being reachable. This seems odd if this is supposed to be normal functionality. Please advise. Thank you for your previous and future responses.

-Dave