4621 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Java problem on Client PC

giles.hosking
Occasional Contributor

Java problem on Client PC

Hi,

We have sucessfully deployed HP insight manager and so far very pleased. However we cannot make a connection from a PC, we install the Java plugin as directed and that installs with no errors. But then after reboot, no plugin detected. I have attached the java console log.

This happens with any PC we are using. We have by passed the ISA proxy server too! Anyone got any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Jason Sarre
Advisor

Re: Java problem on Client PC

Java on the client PC can be a nightmare. If you are using HP Insight Manager 7 SP?? It wants to install an older verion than the one supplied at www.java.com. The thing is that version dosen't work very well with anything else - HP Web Admin etc. If you install HPSIM 4.1 this works with the newer versions of Java from www.java.com. Also check in control panel for the java plug-in settings and tick any boxes which point to what browser it is working with.
Clayton Olley

Few things have frustrated me more on the PC than Java. I've suffered from Java version-itis for as long as I can remember. Between Cisco and HP/Compaq management, I've often been at my wits end with incompatibilities and erroneous behavior.

It seems a lot better now that I've begun using HP SIM 4.x and upgraded our Cisco devices. I'm also using Java 1.4.2_05 only. I used to have to run several versions concurrently which just caused more problems than it fixed.

Sigh...
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Check in your IE settings that under aadvanced you do not have a box checked that is something like:
Sun Java
Use Java v.......

If this is checked IE uses this version of the JRE for all actions, if it is unchecked the application is free to use the JRE it requires. I find this gets round quite a few issues.
You could also try removing all JRE's and installing the latest 1.4.2_04 from Sun. Select Custom config and uncheck the integrate with browser, this does the same as above.