108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Known Software/Firmware Baselines

SOLVED
Go to solution
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Known Software/Firmware Baselines

I downloaded and added the 2016-10 service pack to my repository folder yesterday.  It took pretty much the whole day to inventory it.  This morning it finally shows up in the catalog list on the Version Control Repository page.  But when I go into SIM and look at the "Known Software/Firmware Baselines", it is not listed yet.  I click the "Refresh Table" button - but nothing happens.  Does any know how to get this to show in the list so I can assign it to servers?

Thanks

NK

5 REPLIES 5
n0kia
Valued Contributor

Can you try going to "C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\baselineData" Delete everything in that folder.

Go to options > Software/Firmware > Version Control Repository > Click on your VCRM Server and OK to save.

Verify in the baselineData folder its populated again before the the 1st step deletion.

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

All that shows up now in that directory is a catalog.xml with the contents of text "null" in it.

Should I copy back the original files a moved out of that folder - just to get me back to my original setup?

NK

n0kia
Valued Contributor
Solution

No, don't copy over the old stuff. It just means there is communication issues to VCRM to download the new SPP catalog items. Can you verify the VCRM/SIM  system credentials and reidentify it, if it doesn't work, restart the sim service and retry saving the vcrm again from the 1st post. If it doesnt work, restart the vcrm service and retry again to save the repository. Verify if baselinedata folder is populated.

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions.  Unfortunately, I got impatient and copied the files over anyways.  I also manually copied over the XML file from the new ServicePack to see if that would help - neither worked.

I then waited for this morning to see if anything happened - still nothing.

Finally, I upgraded my SIM instanace to the August 2016 patch and now I am waiting for things to settle down from that upgrade.  If that still does not work I will try your suggestions.

Thanks

NK

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

After installing the August patch, I can now see the new service pack.  Not sure if it was the restarting of the SIM and VCRM services as a result of the patching, or the patch itself.  But it looks good now.

Thanks

NK