5901 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LightOut Self Test Fail

Umesh Bhatta
Advisor

LightOut Self Test Fail

Hi all,
I am getting following from HPSIM which are origineting from my ProLiant DL380 G6 server(installed ESX 4.0)
-------------
Event Name:(SNMP) Remote Insight/ Integrated LightsOut Self Test Error (9005)
Event Name: (SNMP) Remote Insight mouse cable disconnected (9009)
Event Name: (SNMP) Remote Insight keyboard cable disconnected (9008).
-----------
These are generating repetedly. I have checked the HP Sysem Management Home page iLO2 starus where all the test ok.
I also configured iLO2 properly and can login on it and found everything ok.

Can any one help let me know how can i resolve this issue?

P.S. this thread has been movedc from Insight Remote Support > general to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum - HP Forums moderator

6 REPLIES 6
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

No help yet ...

I see those same alerts.
BL490G6 with ESX 4.0 installed
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Umesh Bhatta
Advisor

is there any way to dissable these test from any configuration. I this this can be a solution but didn't know which configuration hold these data???
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

You can disable the handling of this type of SNMP-trap, but then other events of the same type will be ignored as well.
1) click on the "Generic trap" event
2) scroll all the way down to "Mib Information" and note the MIB file name and identifier
3) got to Options->Events->SNMP Trap Settings
4) select the appropiate trap and set "Enable Trap Handling" to "No"
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Honored Contributor

it did not happen to me but is there any compatibility issue for ilo keyboard/mouse ? or are they supported model by ILO ?
Umesh Bhatta
Advisor

I have solved this problem. These are the false alerts and for me it solved after apply HPSIM Certificate on iLO2(After establishing trust relationship between iLO2 and HPSIM).But don't forget to update iLO2 firmware driver supported by ESX4.0.
Umesh Bhatta
Advisor

I have solved this problem. These are the false alerts and for me it solved after apply HPSIM Certificate on iLO2(After establishing trust relationship between iLO2 and HPSIM).But don't forget to update iLO2 firmware driver supported by ESX4.0.