HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link snmp trap to WUG

James D'Amico
Occasional Contributor

Link snmp trap to WUG

Hey guys --

Two questions here. One which is difficult for me. I've been asked to create an snmp trap to to be sent to our What's up Gold monitoring system to do the following. When there is a change in the health of a server on insight manager What's up gold will display that specific server as such. Does anyone know if this is even possible??

On an easier note. how come when I log into insight mgr through a web browser on a system other than the actual server I cannot change the "view as" drop down box to change it to "icons". I can only use this box when accessing insight mgr through the server itself. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
4 REPLIES
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Link snmp trap to WUG

james,

you can set hp sim to forward traps onto another management system.
just set up an automated event handling task and pick the forward as snmp trap to it , you can select the systems/events you wish to do this with.

hope this helps

marsh_1
Honored Contributor

the second question sounds like cookie settings on your browser.

marsh_1
Honored Contributor

i'm assuming you have full rights and all tools for CMS in insight manager authorizations ?

James D'Amico
Occasional Contributor

Yes...I have full rights. I figured out how to change the view. When you change it to icons though they are really small. I remember in the older versions you can make them nice and big so you can see them from a distance. Is there anyway to change this?