108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Logical Disk Report - Percetage used 100%

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jerame
Frequent Advisor

Logical Disk Report - Percetage used 100%

I was running a custome report for logical disk space, selecting all of the options, Total Size, Used, and Free space for my Windows servers. All of the servers came back with 100% used.

I checked the "Logical Disk Drive - Servers" built in report, and had the same result for the Microsoft servers, but my Novell servers reported accurately.

I'm running SIM 5.1, Build C.05.01.00.00 . Most of my windows servers are Server 2003 SP1 or Server 2003 R2 SP1. I do have a couple Windows 2000 servers, but all report the same way.

Any ideas as how to fix the problem? I really would love to have a good report about free space on my servers!

TIA,
Jerame
7 REPLIES 7
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Re: Logical Disk Report - Percetage used 100%

Are these virtual machines? Are you using WBEM?

I have the same problem, but with only my Virtual Machines, in which I have to use WBEM to collect the data. I have a feeling that the good old Pegasus WBEM service is once again "not working", to put it politely, and incorrectly pulling the space used data from the servers.

Well, at least that is my problem...but it might be what is causing yours as well :)

Nelson
Jerame
Frequent Advisor

Hi Nelson,
No, these are not virtual machines. I assume that it is using WBEM, but I am not sure. The servers are reporting fine in SIM for othre reports, just not the Free Space. :(
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Try disabling WBEM, if enabled, and re-run a data collection.

To be honest with you, I have never use WBEM except for VMs, which do not have the HP agents on them. I find WBEM does some wierd stuff in terms of data collection, but I have to use if for VMs, so just deal with it for them.

Let me know how you make out.
Nelson
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor
Solution

On the patch 7.80 there seems it resolve on this isue
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Jerame
Frequent Advisor

I'll update my agents this weekend and test it out. Thanks for help!!!
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure how 7.80 will fix this issue for WBEM collections as it's not an agent issue.

I use WBEM to get data for my VM Guest servers, they don't have any agents (that's why I use WBEM) so there's no PSP to update.

What 7.80 has fixed is the agents misreporting space used. Devices with high percentage used figures were showing too low. They now report this correctly.