7503 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Lost of the data source configuration in SMH

Dermit
Occasional Advisor

Lost of the data source configuration in SMH

hello,

In 3 of my Windows servers (2003 and 2008R2) I put SNMP as data source of SMH and it works correctly. When I restart only the smh service the data source is conserved. But when I restart the HP agents (Foudation agent), SMH return to the default parameter with WBEM as data source.
Any idea to solve this problem ?

SMH v6.10.0.102.
I have other servers with the same SMH version which works normaly (with snmp in data source).

Sorry for my bad english.

3 REPLIES 3
Steve Begley
Trusted Contributor

Hi Dermit,

When Smartstart is installed - the default is to install SNMP and not WBEM - I too have found that if WBEM is installed then after a reboot the SMH will switch back to WBEM from SNMP - I guess the easiest way to fix this is to remove WBEM.

regards,

Steve.B.
Tea break over - back on yer heads!
Dermit
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for your reply.

But I don't undestand why it works over 110 servers and not over the 3 last installed.
All our servers have SNMP and WBEM installed and the selection of WBEM as data source in SMH has never create this problem.

I would like to conserve WBEM installed for a future use.

Where the "data source" parameter of SMH is stored in the HP agents file ?

Thank you for your help.
Regards.
pkrai
Trusted Contributor

You have to copy *wbem*.xml files from hp\hpsmh\webapp\switch folder to hp\hpsmh\webapp. Similarly copy existing snmp XML files (hmanics, hmaserv, hmastor, webagent) from webapp to webapp\switch folder.

Also, verify that HKLM\Software\Hewlett-Packard\WBEM\switch registry has DWORD value '2' for Webapp subkey. And, then you can try to restart SMH service to see the effect.

Thanls.