Super Advisor

MIB Import alerts

how do i stop these from being sent out both completed and start alerts

cheers
7 REPLIES 7
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Re: MIB Import alerts

In SIM, go to Options - Events - SNMP trap settings. Then find the MIB, Trap Name, and Event Type. Then set "Enable trap handling" to No.
City_Blue
Super Advisor

problem with these alerts is they don't send out the nassociated MIB in the alert so i can't find it

cheers
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Try checking the event logs on one of the servers you are getting these from. Sometimes it will tell you there. Just exactly which alerts do you not want, the exact wording?
City_Blue
Super Advisor

the alerts from SIM saying it has strated a MIB import and then the alert to say it has finished the MIB import.

i have looked everywhere in SIM and can not find any refrence to these
Jerame
Frequent Advisor

Hi City Blue,
Did you ever find a resolution to this?

I setup a new SIM 6.2 server last week, and received the same emails. Today I upgraded to 6.3 and recieved another set.

Thanks,
Jerame
City_Blue
Super Advisor

no but it has not happend for a while so no idea what was happening, as it look's have only been happening on one instance of SIM we have 6
Ralph Frampton
Frequent Advisor

Has someone set up an Automated Event Handling task that is utilizing an Events Collection that includes an Event Type of some or all of the MIB Update Events?

If so then you can change that using Customize Collections - Events:

If you don't want to see them then you have to identify the Event Collection that includes them & then Edit that collection's "Search for events where event type" is one of the 5 types found in the type(s) selection box MIB Update Events section (Completed MIB Import, Completed MIB Update, MIB Update Failure, Start MIB Import, Start MIB Update). Uncheck the ones you no longer want to receive.

If a custom Events collection hasn't been created that includes them then you may find they are included in the default System Event Handler task (eg. as found in HPSIM 5.1 Options - Events - Automatic Event Handling - Manage Tasks... newer versions may have changed the menu options). If so then disable it AFTER you've created and enabled an Events Collection more to your liking (eg. we set up our own collections by site to notify for hardware failures, you can have more than one & associate them to different System Collections).