108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSCS Cluster Monitoring with HP Insightmnager 5.0

Anthony_v
Occasional Advisor

MSCS Cluster Monitoring with HP Insightmnager 5.0

Hi,

I have 2 Node MSCS win 2000 Cluster.
I tried running discovery on HP sim 5.0 but unable to find the same. Can anyone help me how to add the cluster resources and nodes for monitoring in HP insight Manager 5.0.

Thanks,
Tony
3 REPLIES 3
fishmn
Regular Advisor

I'm more familiar with w2k3 clusters, but make sure you have HP management agents (in control panel on w2k3) setup on each node with Cluster Information active (this defaults to inactive from what I've seen). Restart the agents (automatically done for you when you add the cluster info). Run an identify system against all nodes. You should see your clusters showing up.
Anthony_v
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Ron,

I found Clustering agent was not selected in HPManagements agents now the cluster is showing up in the Insightmanager. But when I click on no page opens. Also I can see by default polling is done only for CPU & Disk Utilization is there I am missing anything in my setup or thats the only thing monitored by HPinsight manager for MSCS Cluster ?

Thanks in advance
Tony
fishmn
Regular Advisor

Sorry I don't monitor this list very much. Your mileage may vary a lot when it comes to cluster monitoring I've found. Do your resources show up?

There is a workaround regarding cluster threshold settings too that you may want to look at. Default settings will likely fill your event logs in SIM with cluster resource status changes. By setting All cluster nodes to 100, 99, 98, 97 left to right you'll get rid of these mostly useless alerts IMHO. Search the forum on cluster thresholds to find the thread.