Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752294 Members
4392 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Major Health Status "SNMP - There is a server problem that is degrading functionality"

klinikum-bhv
Frequent Visitor

Major Health Status "SNMP - There is a server problem that is degrading functionality"

hello,

i get on hp sim 7.1 for some servers the major error message "SNMP - There is a server problem that is degrading functionality" and "iLo - There is a server problem that is degrading functionality" (look at the attachment).  In other servers i have no problem, although the have the same configuration. Have someone a idea how i solve the problem?

thanks

8 REPLIES 8
shocko
Honored Contributor

Re: Major Health Status "SNMP - There is a server problem that is degrading functionality"

Have you cleared any Major events from the aggregated evnt list?

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
klinikum-bhv
Frequent Visitor

yes but it doens't help, the major error comes again.

hphwstel
Advisor

Check IML for uncleared events.

We have ILO not connected, if you do not disable it on the server, it shows this error too.

You might even have to exclude "remote insight information" in the HP Managements Agents.

As I do not have HPSIM 7 yet, this information is valid up to 6.3.

shocko
Honored Contributor

Note: you can only disable iLO monitoring if using the WMI providers for windows as far as I can remember.

Jeff_L
Occasional Advisor

Are the servers showing this status G7 hardware? 

We have had problems with old ilo firmware and old ilo drivers within windows where if you went into the SMH you'd see the interface status as 'Not Responding' for ILO and display a major hardware status despite ILO working fine.

shocko
Honored Contributor

I have the same issue under the following conditions:

1. using HP insight management agents (i.e.. snmp based agents)
  2. iLo card not connected to network

If using the wbem providers you can simply disable monitoring of the iLO in the SMH. If using SNMP based agents, exclude the Remote Insight Information agent form being monitored in the HP Management Agents control panel applet.

joom

How to do that?  Please guide the step.

SenneVL
Frequent Advisor